Sunday 30 September 2012

maybe some things shouldn't move with the times.

I am talking about relatively 'superficial' things, of course. Not like people's views and stuff.

ANYWAY, what I mean by the title of this post is, for example, aspects of fashion and music. To be entirely honest, I don't think it should be this difficult to find inexpensive (and genuine) vintage clothes. Of course, there are loads of amazing vintage shops and stuff, but many of them are extortionately expensive, especially if what they offer is high quality and/or rare.

I think there should be more of a range of vintage-style clothes; it can't be massively hard to make them the same way as they used to be. So much of what is manufactured today is just so flimsy, why shouldn't we carry on making the sort of dresses that could survive a war, or a revolution? And for an affordable price, too? 


And music - well, where do I start? Without naming names, (which is hard, because this angers me greatly) there are a fair few musicians who have just melted into the same tired category, and I can't be the only one who has difficulty telling who is who when I hear them on the radio.

And what makes me sad about this is mainly the waste of talent. That situation where someone with an AMAZING voice or other musical ability ends up using it on the same flat, samey tune as the rest of the clones. Whatever happened to using an amazing voice on a real ballad with real feelings, or a really classic, sultry style -and having it recognised as much as the stuff in the top 40?



Well, this is my opinion (once more), and I cannot stress that enough.

Mew and the likes
Sinead
xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment