Monday 6 August 2012

Here's what happened today.


What I wore today.
The above outfit consists of: red beret, handmade detatchable collar, cropped dark teal woollen jumper with zip detail, high-waisted satiny lacey skirt (also with zip) and, not shown in picture, my vintage brown Doc Marten shoes.


When I got into town I went to collect my developed film, which I had completely forgotten about, so when I remembered it was an even nicer surprise. I'm very happy with how they turned out; because the film I used was a years-old black and white one, so all my pictures came out all soft and grainy-looking. I'll upload the best ones soon.

The faun in Pan's Labyrinth is one of those 'good or bad?' characters at first, but I love him.

Later, I watched Pan's Labyrinth (El Laberinto Del Fauno) for the first time. 
I had been warned by several people of the tragedy, disturbing scenes, goriness etc. I did cry lots at the end, and had to hide behind Micah several times due to horrific violence. But I'm glad I watched it. If any of you are interested by the sound of this film, I strongly recommend it - despite the aforementioned warnings, which I do agree with, it's a beautiful, magical film that I think is important to watch. But honestly, don't take it lightly, with an 'it's only a film' attitude; you have to be prepared to watch it. It's quite dark and at times seems bleak (mainly in the real-life parts), but as I said, it is gorgeous and I'd say to anyone (who's not too faint-hearted or squeamish) "watch this film".


On my way home, I was listening to music and came to the realisation that Reckoner by Radiohead (my current favourite of theirs) is quite a good match for the film; just in the way that it has really tragic, dark parts, and dreamy ethereal elements throughout - but it's not completely negative, and near the end the key shifts and sort of lightens the whole song. Just as, although the ending of Pan's Labyrinth is awful (I won't go into detail, for fear of ruining the plot for others), Ofelia's imagination and innocence make it somehow a tiny bit less dreadful than it really is. And that is what I made of Pan's Labyrinth.

Hasta luego gatitos, 
Sinead
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment