Monday 14 January 2013

a frugal film review.

A few weeks ago I bought (from Amazon) the film Restless, because it said it was about a nature lover girl and a boy that likes going to funerals. When I got it I put off watching it because I read a review somewhere that it is a 'heartbreaking' movie and I am not good with sad. 

source


source


source



Here is the trailer for your enjoyment 



It is an extremely sad movie (I'm not going to tell you why, though) But it is also beautiful in a very simple way. The relationship between Annabelle and Enoch is extremely refreshing in its innocence and individuality. Not to mention the costume design is glorious, Annabelle (Mia Wasikowska) wears a lot of tweed, plaid and hats and combines 60's, 20's and 40's; clothing that seems to have been causally plucked from a charity shop. Annabelle from Restless is my new style crush. Enoch (a name had never heard before I watched this movie) played by Henry Hopper, wears a lot of black, and often dresses like a victorian gent. He also owns one of the best pairs of sunglasses I have seen in a while. 

I thought this film was very lovely, well acted and brave, so go on watch it and form you own opinion about it. 

love 
Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment