Wednesday 30 January 2013

changeling

"Anyone between the ages of 10 and 21, you're about 200 different people."
-Patrick Wolf




being a teenager, its inevitable to experience so many emotions you can't count them. you're changeable and fickle and sometimes you hate yourself but sometimes you love yourself.
I remember a time when I was set in my ways that I was in love with the singer of Green Day, pink made me want to vom, and I was going to write comics when I grew up.

And now... I wear predominantly pastel colours (yes that includes pink), Patrick Wolf is my -imaginary- beau, I want to be a musician, and plastic-fantastic-everything rocks my world.

And I find myself defiant - almost proud - at all the stereotypes people stamp on me with every stare, every scowl, and every giggle behind my back.

Lesbian (archetypal).

Weirdo (which I am, actually).

Bitch (debatable, although I hate the term) .

I've ended up not caring about these labels. In fact, it's a clever thing to turn it around and turn it into an aesthetic thing. It takes confidence to call yourself derogatory terms just to be ironic, so I have yet to get the hang of that.

In other news, I am 30 minutes and 25 seconds in to the first episode of My Mad Fat Diary and I love it so much. It's so witty and honest and ..90s. Highly recommended.

Sinead
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment